PDA

View Full Version : Go with Aibo ! Animation Test. Advice welcome !

hassan
02-13-05, 09:46 PM
Hello my friends !

Well i want to show you this little commercial i made just for practicing some rigging / animation skills on maya. A little post producion and all edition on shake.

The link is here

click aqui (http://members.lycos.co.uk/centralvfx/aibo)

Like ever ill be happy to see some of your advices and critiques.

[Edited on 13/2/05 by hassan]

WOTAN
02-15-05, 04:59 PM
I liked the slogan. but the back shine didnt let to look the aibo very well. Remember that the aibo is the main character in the spot. You could reduce the back shine, it would be better. ;)

hassan
02-15-05, 06:57 PM
Thanks Wotan !! , well i have some cool things to say about the "back shine" . I dont know the way it should be done using the own rendering engine native in maya, but i found that when you render your animation in maya IFF or other format that supports the Z channel embeding, you can then manipulate this in shake using the node Zcompose, the thing is to have the character alone in the shoot, in this way you can create this cool effect that let me back to the robotech scenes, i dont know why, looking the big robots fighting all around.

The pretty cool thing is the control you can have in shake and the very low render times when you are making some previews tunnig the overall look.

And yess !! i am agree with you, i was very happy using this node and i think i forget to put some keys to decrease the effect in some angles !! , working on that !.

=)

WOTAN
02-16-05, 12:43 AM
I mean, is to bright. A contrast between the back and the character must be clearest. Of course is just my opinion

And yes, Shake rocks!

Do you saw the shake plugins in highend 2D? They're thousands!

Zamolxes
02-21-05, 10:13 PM
the animation is not too clear.... hm, not at all, actually. basically, there's nothing happening. It would be great to see some action, but something that reads well. besides that, yes, rendering-wise, I agree with what has been said already.

Zamolxes
02-21-05, 10:16 PM
I mean, he's such a cute character. pls do something interesting with him, don't just move him around. he's on his own, not in the hands of a child, so it's a "living" mecha. it should be clear, I guess, that he's not a toy :)

hassan
02-22-05, 01:50 AM
Hey thanx a lot for your advice zam . Well lets try this, actually i get involved in another project but, if you have some cool idea, you know, what do you thing this living mecha would do, in 60 seconds, tell me and i will animate it for you !.

Any other friend there, with some ideas for the animation, let me know and as soon as posible i will post it here !!

Thanx for looking here.

hassan.

arturo
02-22-05, 03:59 PM
Interesting idea, and nice rythm, but I think you have the skills to do something much better:

In my opinion (I said my opinion):

1-Delete that old 90's swirl filter your using for your transitions, you should use a transition that fits perfectly the general concept, the robot concept and your film idea. A transition is not just a filter you paste on a film, a transition "tells" things, use them to get a stronger concept, maybe you will have to invent you own transition.

2-I would delete that "glow" effect Ur using, it doesnt help in any way. If without that glow U think your render looks "poor" that means that U should work a little bit more the render. Anyway I understand what U tried to do, maybe giving it an over exposure look would be enough.

3- I agree with zamolxes, the animation must show that A is more than a toy and more than a robot... the animation u did makes me think of those small pupies indian guys sell in the train station. And by the way...whats that blue "fish bowl" in the scene? What is its relation with the concept? Why a fish bowl? Shouldnt A play with something more "smart" and related to the general idea (mora than a toy more than a bot)?

Saludos

Arturo