• Home
  • News
  • Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Concept Art by Francesco Corvino
  • Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Concept Art by Francesco Corvino Sunstar
    Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Concept Art by Francesco Corvino
    The work concept artist Franceso Corvino did on Vampire Hunter ended looking almost exactly in the final movie, amazing!

From Francesco Corvino webpage:

I was requested to create a detailed visualization of many frames in the movie, integrating the actors in front of a green screen with backgrounds I designed. All these images, approved by the director, guided the whole postproduction process, giving the vfx company a clear reference to match. It was lots of fun and an honor to see the majority of these images replicated almost identically on the screen. The 3d model of the bridge is from Method studios. I rendered the whole thing with mental ray and then composited the green screen with the characters on top of it.

This was the first image of the sequence I had to deliver for the movie. In this image one of the vampires is setting the bridge on fire in order to make Lincoln's train derail. With this piece I set the overall mood and lighting of the entire train sequence, a nice balance between the cold moonlight and the fires.
    With this establishing shot I defined the entire environment, the bridge on fire, and the train with Lincoln running on top.

In this image I tried to convey a strong sense of vertigo, with the fire burning right under the actors and the trees very small in the distance.

Right inside the burning bridge. It was fun to play heavily with sparks and fire to convey the idea of a very hot and chaotic environment.

In this image I integrated Method's 3d model of the house in the frame of the movie. The final result on the screen was very cool.