By Edgar Piña | July 27, 2011 | 12:37 pm or 12:37 pm GMT
Huge improvements to Hybrido workflow and performance for RealFlow 2012!
- Dripping water, automatic foam generation, faster simulations and lower memory use
- New emitters: Wet, Waterline, Splash&Foam, Wet&Foam
- Faster input/output operations
- Distance and velocity fields and velocity and vorticity maps can now be exported
- Greater controllability of fluid surface – new method of combining particles and fluid fields.
- Better control of the strength of interaction between objects and fluids
- Secondary splashes
RealFlow 2012 now provides a built-in, easy-to-use tool to create fractured objects directly within your project.
- Voronoi fracturing method
- Automatic generation of multibody node for fractured object
- Optimized fractures for Caronte
The Retimer Tool in RealFlow 2012 works on any of the RealFlow 2012 elements and opens up a world of possibilities:
- Bullet time effects
- Reversed simulations
- Slow motion effects
All these are now just a few clicks away with no need to re-simulate!
- Dynamic simulations controlled by engines
- By using Servos, it is possible to use RealFlow's dynamics solver to animate rigid bodies in a physically-correct fashion
- New Layers panel – faster workflow, easier simulation, improved visibility
- RealFlow 2012 also comes with some new shortcuts shelves
- Nodes list can now be filtered by name
There's also a new scheme on pricing with a Learning Edition version (http://www.realflow.com/2012/t_pricing.php
) but honestly, what can you do with 10,000 particles? That's a big let down. Anyway, good to see there's something fresh