Adversitment
    + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

United States

Threedeemer is on a distinguished road

Aug 2005

August 25, 2005

# 21
      Nice update Kelly. The head is modeled very well, it also has excellent topology. Same here, with ZBrush, I have to learn it more as well.

Croatia

nebezial is on a distinguished road

Aug 2005

August 25, 2005

# 22
      wow..all i can say is...monstruous skills mate. i agree zbrush is a cool tool it just depends on how u use it, personaly i make my topology neater with it, good luck mate l

Albania

dori3d is on a distinguished road

Aug 2005

August 25, 2005

# 23
      Really good modeling. Congrats !...

United States

Chicago

Adobe Photoshop

D-Train is on a distinguished road

Aug 2005

August 29, 2005

# 24
      hello kelly, just want to say that your 3d work is looking so beautiful. Im returning the love you gave me. I know you have more work to chisel out for the whole world to see but just to let you know man your doing a cool KICK A@#^ job man. I cant wait to see more man. Keep doing it,keep grinding it man.

United States

kelly_romeo is on a distinguished road

Aug 2005

August 30, 2005

# 25
      Ah shucks! Thanks for the high praise ya'll. I just hope I can keep up with the rest of you. There is some serious talent in this competition. It's certainly motivating. Like everyone, I've been busy plugging away at my scene, and I'm just about to my next milestone, so I'll post more images in due time.

-Kelly

6. August 31, 2005

# 26
      My first serious foray into the wonderful world of ZBrush ended in absolute disaster. Everything I created was a crap-tastic masterpiece. I realized that I?m not allowing myself to ?play? with the application to become acquainted with it, but instead willing the program into delivering quick results right away. Not happenin?. So, I?ve decided to take some time out and simply enjoy the creative process. ?then stress out about the time I lost that I?ll have to make up. =) A three-day weekend is coming up. The outlook is favorable.

I didn?t quite hit the milestone I was aiming for, that being all of Jozan?s gear and armor in place and up to snuff. Far from. But I did get a few items complete. I think the Mace, the Shield, the Helmet, and the Pouch, are pretty much done. Everything else is simply a placeholder. The Boots and Pants were the objects I?ve been trying to get into ZBrush. ?I?ll get back to you on that. Lots to do. I?ll get another process shot of the arms and hands if anybody wants them. (I forgot to collect screenshots for Mace and Shield. Sorry.)

Attached Thumbnails:

Click image for larger version

Name:	JozanGearWIP.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	12175  

7. August 31, 2005

# 27
      I?m sure it?s altogether possible that not everyone reading this thread is quite the D&D nerd that I am, and wouldn?t know Drizzt from Tanis, or Jozan from Regdar. Therefore I?m posting a reference sheet of the character I?m ?attempting? to create in 3d. The character?s name is Jozan; he?s the iconic Cleric (holy warrior) from the Players Handbook. ...right. Ok, I guess that doesn?t explain much, but at least you know what I?m shooting for. =)

Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	JozanReference.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	12176  

8. August 31, 2005

# 28
      Hey kelly man, like i said before man ,your stuff is KICK A@#$ MAN. Im diggin it. Keep doing it, Keep grinding it.

[Edited on 31/8/05 by D-Train]

9. August 31, 2005

# 29
      hehe..i allmost startrd playin dnd...but i have a serious case of obsessive compulsive behavior...so i said...hell no haha

Mexico

df

Autodesk 3ds Max

falconking is on a distinguished road

May 2004

August 31, 2005

# 30
      Great model, man ! good luck...

United States

FunkyBunnies is on a distinguished road

Jun 2005

September 1, 2005

# 31
      excellent modeling here, Kelly. You've got the form down very well. Hats off to ya.
      I really look forward to seeing how the clothing and accessories will look. Good luck.

12. September 1, 2005

# 32
      Big thanks for the encouraging words ya'll. Really, it just turns to pure motivation.

FunkyBunnies, the clothing and accessories are going to have to wait for a bit ...'cause this evening I decided to take off on a tangent and give Texturing a shot! Oh yeah! Now, I admit, I'm NOT very experienced in texturing, so be gentle with me. I'm not really sure that what I came up with is even going to work. So, I'm eliciting comments and crits from anyone regarding the texture for Jozan?s head. I?m not finished...needs all the detail work, but I wanted to get feedback to these simple question, ?Am I doing this right?? and "Do you see anything that you think will cause problems?" (file that under, 'things I should?ve looked into BEFORE I signed up for a competition.' Ah well, how else do you improve, eh?

-Kelly

[edit: I wanted to give props to 'nfuchs' - his character's textures were a huge help and heavily studied for reference. Thanks nfuchs.]

[Edited on 1/9/05 by kelly_romeo]

Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	JozanHeadColorMap.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	12192  

13. September 1, 2005

# 33
      oy lookin goood. now i m a lil nuts with the skin and for me if it aint sss it aint skin, look into the mental ray, maya has it, and u presume in it there is a fast sss skin material, on my thread there is a short instruction on how the maps are supposed to looktrust me it is well worth the effort
      oh and here is that tuts link
      http://elbandersnatcho.com/modules....wdownload&cid=1

Mexico

Mexico City

Nuke

Sunstar is on a distinguished road

Dec 2001

Blog Entries

September 1, 2005

# 34
      There its something wrong with the above link, I think this its the correct one:

http://elbandersnatcho.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&r eq=viewdownload&cid=1

15. September 1, 2005

# 35
      hehehe oopsie, thanx sunstar

16. September 2, 2005

# 36
      Very good. U are doing good job !...

17. September 2, 2005

# 37
      Brilliant stuff Nebezial. This information is Gold. Thank you for sharing. I'm 'absorbing' it and hope to put it to good use very soon. Fantastic!

Working on the sub-surface-skin with mental ray in Maya. (bit tricky, but it's getting there.)

Thanks again everyone. Your encouragement is appreciated.

Brazil

Infinita is on a distinguished road

Aug 2005

September 2, 2005

# 38
      Great Work... congratulations.... keeping go!!!

United States

Kraken is on a distinguished road

Aug 2005

September 5, 2005

# 39
      Great work there on your figure, Kelly. Your scene almost reminds me of the inside of the Tower of High Sorcery in the Dragonlance novels. Nice structure modeling!

20. September 5, 2005

# 40
      The Tower of High Sorcery...now how come I didn't think of that? Next time, 'eh?

Just a quick update. I decided that I've spend enough time on the face textures and I need to move on to other stuff. Nope, I don't think it's perfect and it could use hours upon hours of tweaking I'm sure, but I've got make sure I've got enough time for the rest, so I'm moving on. I rest easy in the knowledge that the dude is wearing a helmet and will obscure most of his features anyway.

Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	JozanHeadColorRender.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	12226