Maya Animator Wanted
By Romano | April 19, 2010 | 3:17 pm or 3:17 pm GMT
Dinamo Productions is an expanding 2D & CGI Animation, and Visual Effects company based in South Wales within the UK. We are looking for enthusiastic and creative team members to join us at our new premises for big upcoming projects. If you have the talent, are hard working and dedicated, you could be just the person for us!
We’re looking for a talented Maya Animator who can:
• Animation of pre-rigged CG characters and vehicles
• Work with a team of animators to design and create animations for specific movements and scenes
• Maintain and improve the current animation pipeline
• Knowledge of animation sharing, and motion capture transfer between character rigs
• Work closely with the Visual Effects Supervisor to deliver shots to their specifications
Contract terms to be agreed according to experience.
• Minimum 2 years industry experience in TV or Film animating low & high-res characters and vehicles. Graduates with strong reels will be considered for junior roles
• Excellent knowledge of Animation systems, and the principles of character motion.
• Excellent experience and knowledge of Maya (Knowledge of MEL scripting experience a plus)
• Excellent knowledge of character animation tools such as ‘trax editor’ and or other similar tools.
• Rigging and/or modeling experience a plus
• MotionBuilder experience a plus
• Have a higher education qualification in an art, animation, design or computer related subject
• Be motivated, enthusiastic, and ready to work hard in a fun and relaxed atmosphere
• Be motivated to develop and maintain a strong knowledge in his/her expertise
• Able to take direction and work closely with a small group of people in an open environment
• Able to prioritize tasks and manage their own time effectively
• Have a passion for TV and Film
• Be a UK resident or have a valid current UK work permit
• Be able to work on site at our new premises in Treforest, South Wales
You must confirm both of the above requirements within your application email/letter. If these are not supplied your application may be discounted.
How to Apply
If you're interested, please email your CV and a link to your online demo reel/portfolio with the subject "Maya Animator", to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively send us a CV and a DVD of your showreel to us at:
3 Mount Stuart Square
Submissions WILL NOT be returned, so please do not send original artwork.